International School Services
ISD is managed by International Schools Services (ISS).
ISS has been involved in international education since 1955 and is a non-profit educational organization headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey, USA.
ISS has been meeting the educational needs of expatriates and communities around the world by developing and managing quality international educational programs. These schools combine the best of Western and American education, within the culture and environment of their host country. Currently, there are seven other ISS managed schools operating in China.
ISS has a regional leadership team located in Shekou, Shenzhen, China. ISD will share a "sister school partnership" with other ISS schools, such as Shekou International School,（www.sis.org.cn) and Dalian International School（www.daischina.org.) The International School of Dongguan is very proud to partner with International Schools Services to implement a quality international school program.
Here following introduction to ISS will assist each parent to understand the essence of the learning that will be nurtured at ISD.
Excellence is a standard, an expectation, and a state of mind. It is the standard we seek in operating a school, an expectation we have of our staff and our students, and it is the state of mind by which we make decisions about programs, practices, and procedures. Decisions concerning the operation of the International School of Dongguan (ISD) will be guided by the principle of excellence and by what is in the best interest of the children.
We recognize that the choice of a school for any parent is one of the most significant decisions they will make in determining the future of their child. At ISS we respect the different needs of children and families. We also recognize that ISD will be one step on the journey of a child's education and development and that successful education is a result of the child, the family, and the school working in concert to achieve clear and articulated outcomes.
We view the International School of Dongguan as an experience for the whole family and encourage parents to actively participate in the school.
About International Schools Services
Since 1955 International Schools Services (ISS) has grown into an important educational force in the overseas community. A non-profit corporation dedicated to educational excellence for children attending international schools worldwide, ISS is the world’s leader in providing a comprehensive range of quality educational services for schools, educators, families and corporations.
Headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey, International Schools Services is led by a team of professionals each with many years of international experience. ISS plans and manages schools and provides teachers and administrator recruitment services. To date, ISS has managed 100 sponsored schools and currently works with more than 300 international schools.
International Schools Services provides the following assistance to the international community:
Management and Consulting
From developing core curricula to hiring staff, planning facilities and purchasing supplies, the ISS Management division develops quality schools in an international context.
Finding qualified teachers and administrators is a challenge perpetually faced by all international schools. ISS provides international schools with a large pool of highly qualified educators who wish to teach overseas. As a result of extensive connections and knowledge of international education, ISS has successfully placed more than 20,000 teachers and administrators in overseas schools since 1955.
ISS unites the international community through its publications, interactive website, conferences, seminars, and other forums. The ISS Directory of International Schools is a comprehensive guide to help families make the best educational choices for their children.
The School Supply department provides complete purchasing services to international schools. From books to school equipment, ISS helps schools streamline their procurement efforts and realize cost efficiencies.
Experienced in every aspect of school management, International Schools Services responds to the educational needs of students, teachers, and administrators living abroad, whether in cosmopolitan capital cities or remote rain forests. Whatever the need, ISS strives to create or enhance educational operations to meet and exceed the expectations of the families who rely on their schools.
Our Mission is to provide a comprehensive and challenging academic program and to work with parents to advance the quality of education for children in a multicultural environment.
The following beliefs are those shared by administrators and teachers at ISS schools. These beliefs act as our guide in making educational decisions that affect our students and the educational program.
We believe that:
- Family is the primary influence on a child’s development and learning.
- Honesty and respect are essential in successful relationships.
- People are accountable for their actions.
- Desire to learn is an intrinsic human quality.
- A supportive, positive partnership among school, family, and community fosters successful learning.
- All children can learn when the expectations and learning environments support the child.
- Meaningful learning is enhanced through active involvement in the learning process.
- Development of independence, collaboration, and critical thinking are fundamental to quality education.
- Developing skills necessary to live in an ever-changing world is essential.
- Learning to set goals and priorities is a prerequisite to successful learning.
- Respect and recognition of cultural diversity is fundamental to understanding and developing an appreciation of others.
- Cooperation and collaboration are essential to an individual’s success in a diverse society.
- Active involvement in community service is a critical component in developing responsible, caring youth.
- Students are expected to be responsible and respectful.
- Learning expectations are high – the program is challenging, diverse, and well-rounded.
- The program provides for the student’s intellectual, physical, emotional, and social development.
- The school environment should be interesting and stimulating.
- The program should explore international and cultural opportunities.
Core Curriculum – The ISS core curriculum places an emphasis on:
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- English Language Learning
- Cultural Studies
- Physical Education
- Fine Arts
Desired Student Outcomes
- A solid academic foundation – able to use a variety of thinking, reasoning, communications, and organizational skills and strategies.
- Adaptability, flexibility, positive self-esteem, and strong work ethic.
- Independence and an ability to work together successfully in groups.
- Proficiency in communications and appreciation of world cultures.
- Adoption of a safe and healthy lifestyle.
- Motivation for lifelong learning.
Schooling is such a critical choice for each family and, in turn, requires trust in those responsible. We hope this material provides a greater understanding of what will be provided and why a school managed by International Schools Services is one you can count on.